Maintaining the site to the standard we enjoy takes a lot of work, so we are always grateful for offers of help. If you would like to get involved, there are lots of different ways:
- Join the Seed Store Cafe rota to man the cafe on a Sunday morning and/or donate baked goods and preserves for sale. Ask at the cafe if you would like to help out, or email email@example.com.
- Join the Social Committee to help organize our social events. Ask a committee member for information or email the social secretary on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Join a Work Party to help with site maintenance/construction projects. Several times each year, we hold a Work Party Sunday to tackle one-off projects. It involves a few hours of effort to get through as many of our planned tasks as possible. Tools and materials are provided as, of course, are refreshments. Watch out for signs on the notice boards asking for volunteers.
- If you own a strimmer/lawnmower, you can help maintain the communal grass areas in front of the Seed Store Cafe and on the road corners where cars park. If it looks like it needs a cut, it probably does – so just go for it! The small landscaped area and willow fedge around the compost toilet also need regular maintenance, so if you fancy a bit more weeding, feel free!
- Join the Plotholders’ Committee and help us manage the day-to-day running of the site. Plotholders can stand for election for the committee at the Annual General Meeting, which is always in November. A few weeks in advance of the AGM, a notice will be posted on the notice boards calling for nominations, so if you’d like to stand, follow the instructions provided.